[Towertalk] Tailtwister won't turn.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tailtwister won't turn.
From: w5kp@swbell.net (Jerry Kincade)
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 06:57:02 -0500
At the risk of offending some, I haven't seen anybody post the obvious
solution of retiring this thing and putting up one of the bigger Yaesu or
other similar units. Over the past few years I've read literally hundreds of
posts on how to get around the myriad of KNOWN problems with Tailtwisters.
Not so with the large Yaesu units, a couple of which equal or exceed the
Tailtwister's capacity. I used a little Ham IV for several years with no
problems, but went to a Yaesu instead of a Tailtwister when I put up a much
larger, higher antenna. Sure haven't been sorry (at least so far). I could
maybe understand it if HyGain prices were significantly cheaper than Yaesu,
but it seems to be the other way around. Regardless, I'd pay the extra
freight if necessary for the reliability and lack of hassle, unless you have
a source for free Tailtwisters and unlimited patience.
73, Jerry W5KP