[Towertalk] Tailtwister won't turn.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tailtwister won't turn.
From: vk2lee@maxnet.net.au (Lee Noonan)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:03:11 +1000
Gene,
Can You tell Me how long it takes for Litium Base Grease to turn into
acid????
and does the grease Have to be in constant use for this to Happen....
I have always used Lithium Grease for every thing that needs grease.....
including 68 VW restoration & Rotators..
I used it in a Mitsubishi Van many years ago.. including the steering idler,
and after approx 5-6 years and many thousands of kms, although I greased it
regularly, it was badly pitted inside and Had to be replaced..... I thought
at the time it may have been from water as I had driven on flooded
roads.....
Your Comments will be appreciated...

Lee Noonan VK2LEE