[Towertalk] [Q] o.k. to wrap coax around mast to prevent snagging?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] [Q] o.k. to wrap coax around mast to prevent snagging?
From: n2tk@arrl.net (N2TK)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:23:47 -0400
I have always wrapped my coax around the mast rather than have a drop loop.
Never had any snagging or problems with the coax. I tape all the coax
together and treat it as one cable. I make a few turns around the mast with
the coax. This way it neither gets too tight turning one direction, nor too
loose turning the other direction.
Tony
N2TK