[Towertalk] Universal aluminum

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Universal aluminum
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:21:11 EDT
In a message dated 8/31/02 9:31:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
hkmannh@totalnetnh.net writes:

> It is obvious that you have never touched a Universal 30 inch base. The base
>  is all steel and all you have to do is mount the first section on the base
>  and stand it up in the hole level it off and pour your concert.

    QSL - you're right and I stand corrected.

>  If you think you can bend one of the 30 inch sections you better use a
truck
>  with a chain. Their 30 inch section is the only one they make that I like.

    I've bent anchor bolts that have needed 'adjusting' so it can be done if
necessary.

    So my answer to the original question should be "Yes - use rebar to tack
the anchor bolts together to make a solid anchor bolt fixture."

>  I would recommend a steel tower over the Universal.

    Me too. The Trylon Titans are just the ticket for light- to medium-duty
applications. And they're pretty inexpensive.  <A
HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.championradio.com</A>

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH