[Towertalk] 40 meter yagi matching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40 meter yagi matching
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:41:34 -0700
Hi Kent,

All coax, like all conductors, have Ohmic (resistive) loss, regardless of
the frequency of operation.  It's this loss that takes over when frequencies
used fall much below 30 MHz.

You'll note Bury Flex, like any other .500" or smaller 50 Ohm cable, has
attenuation that remains about constant below 10 MHz, and it's about 0.7
dB/100' best case.  350' would be 2.45dB.  That improves return loss   by
2.45dB, and VSWR measurements will be 2.45dB better than "actual."  That's
quite an improvement!

-WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti