[Towertalk] Balun Location (more)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Balun Location (more)
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:38:24 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/02 4:12:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kc2tn@comcast.net writes:

> While I don't know how it's going to perform over the long haul
>  it was quite easy to apply with the built in applicator. It sets
>  up real well and can be put on in layers. It claims to be UV
>  resistant, waterproof and a good dielectric.

    I've used it but it'll dry and flake off in strong UV areas regardless of
the claims. If you're in Seattle, sun damage isn't a problem - hi. YMMV.

>  AND it's BLACK....does this qualify as Black Goop?

    I use it over tape for another protective layer. DON'T use black in this
case - you can't tell where you've applied it and where you haven't. Luckily
it comes in 3-4 colors.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH