[Towertalk] Roof mount tower questions...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Roof mount tower questions...
From: jhisson1@columbus.rr.com (Jason Hissong)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:07:07 -0400
Hello again guys...

First, sorry for so many dumb questions/emails to the list... I just want to
make sure I get this right... Second... this one is on topic :)

As I have mentioned before, I think I will be settling on a roof mounted
tower.  Easy to install (I can do it myself or with help) and I don't have
to mess with concrete and digging big holes.  Plus the cost of getting one
delivered!  I will be mounting it on either my garage (14.9') or my house
(19.4').  My question is, how much stress would a roof top tower put on the
house?  The models I am considering is 26' or 17.5'.  I would of course be
following all instructions on installation (and maybe putting more supports
in the attic than the instructions require).  Is this pushing it for a
typical roof?

Thanks

Jason
N8XE