[Towertalk] Coax recommendations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Coax recommendations
From: kk9a@arrl.net (kk9a@arrl.net)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:24:53 -0500
I use hardline and Belden RG213  jumpers for most of my antennas.  I had a
run of Cable X-perts RG213 Direct Burial connected to a temporary antenna
which after a direct lightning strike was damaged.  The insulation blew away
in one spot for some reason.  The damage was a couple of feet from the end
so I just shortened it and installed a new connector.  The cable says direct
burial on the jacket, but there was no goo inside to seal any punctures.  I
though direct burial has a goo between the shield and jacket to create a
seal.

John