[Towertalk] Repairing Fiberglass Verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Repairing Fiberglass Verticals
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 06:12:16 -0500
Jon:

Go to your local hobby shop and pick up some fiberglass and some 30 minute
or slow cure epoxy.  You may want to ruff up your antenna fiberglass with
some sandpaper.  Wrap the fiberglass around the joint your going to repair
and then soak the fiberglass with epoxy (you can paint it on with a small
disposable brush).  You may want to cut the epoxy with a little bit of
dentured alcohol so it won't be so thick.  Should work like a champ.

If you wrap the fiberglass neatly and apply the epoxy neatly you should be
able to sand it, if you want, to make a smooth finish.  You can then paint
it, if needed.

I use this technique on my R/C airplanes all the time.  Works like a champ
and is very strong.

By the way I'm qrv on 50mhz on R/C.  Theres always propagation to my
airplanes :-).