[Towertalk] rotatable dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] rotatable dipole
From: SavageBR@aol.com (SavageBR@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:29:09 EDT
Dave I don't know what else you might have in the air. If you have 20 M
monobander or tribander you might try Gamma matching the boom on either 30 or
40 M and see how close the match is on the other band. This approach for 40 M
has been perfected over the years by Tom, N4KG and others using various
beams.

I am using a boom matched 204BA monobander (4 el 20 M Yagi) at 74 ft, matched
for 40 M (see QST, August 1983). However, it also works very well on 30 M
with an SWR of about 3:1. At 200 watts max, the 3:1 is no problem.  The 40 M
performance is very good. The 30 M performance is similar to my D3W at 50 ft.

Good luck,
Bruce  AA4Z