[Towertalk] rotatable dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] rotatable dipole
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 06:46:39 -0600
AH, yes, a dipole that covers BOTH 30 and 40M gets a bit tricky.

The usual trap isolator would require a FULL SIZE dipole on 30M
which is ~50 ft plus extensions for 40M, making it nearly full size
on 40M which is mechanically 'challenging'.

I like the Cushcraft 40M elements over linear loaded elements.
A CC D40 stacked with a D3W for the WARC bands might be
a good solution.

It should be fairly easy to modify another D40 to work as
a stand alone 30M rotary dipole.

Tom  N4KG