[Towertalk] Wire for a Beverage ??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Wire for a Beverage ??
From: Robert Webb" <g0urr@btopenworld.com (Robert Webb)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:11:49 -0000
Hello everyone, I am planning on playing in CQWW CW on topband.(with the
callsign G4RS) At the moment i have a 191 ft Zep strung between two 60 ft
towers. I am planning on making this into a double extended zep on topband.
I am also planning on adding a beverage in the direction of the US. The
thought of going to the local emporium and purchasing enough wire to do both
is a bit scary on the old wallet. So what have you guys out there found to
do the job ? Is it a case of paying the going rate for antenna wire, or is
there an alternative wire available. I had thought of welding wire, but am
not sure how well it will hold up to being stretched etc.
Your thoughts will as always be very much appreciated.PS if you have played
on topband in this contest, what should i expect ??
Robert Webb
G0URR