[Towertalk] New Radomes for repeater antennas...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] New Radomes for repeater antennas...
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:35:05 -0500
This didn't seem to happen that much out east (got one from the
factory like that once), but then most places we don't have anything
like the recurring high winds seen in the west.

This trouble or the b-b maker lightning hit give you a terribly noisy
antenna. If the power's on, no way you don't know about it. Someone
with these troubles isn't cogitating theoretically over the repeater
(with his tenth watt HT and a rubber duckie) that they ought to be
taken down and repainted just because they've been up there a long
time. They come down next trip up, which will be sooner rather than
later.

You could have a feedline or coupling that is stealthily turning into
a ten db attenuator, tho.

73, Guy.