[Towertalk] Re: [Towertalk] Quad vs Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: [Towertalk] Quad vs Yagi
From: glcazzola@iol.it (Gian Luca Cazzola)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:47:01 -0000
Comparing quad vs. yagi as apple vs. orange is obviously too ridicoulous.
Sure as a ridiculous simplifications is to say that they have only different
gains (1 or 2 dB, I dont care).
Also I think it is a simplification to think that antenna in real world are
and perform exactly as a simple software can say.
I think that the real difference - for Quad - is: more mechanic/weather
complications for a less noisy antenna with wider  bands with low swr.
Pity for my poor analysis (anyway I hope better than that  orange/apple): I
have the antenna theory fundamentals that as a
bank director I can understand and my name isn't Electronic Engineer
Rauch/JI, Hayward/ZOI or Cebik! (sorry for the joke).
I really would like W8JI opinion on this argument, supported by his
knowledgement of theory and real world/field work.
73
Ian IK4EWX