[Towertalk] Re: [Towertalk] Quad vs Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: [Towertalk] Quad vs Yagi
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:13:18 -0800
> My Razors outperformed stacked arrays at old W2PV, proof in contest
results
> and many times hearing pileups of Eu stations that W2PV was not responding
to.

Yuri, I am curious. Have you ever compared your single band scores with the
equivalent W2PV band scores with and without all of those 2 point W's
removed
from your score? Did you ever go head to head with W2PV in the ARRL DX
contest where VE's don't get points for W's.

Also, do you think its fair to compare antenna performance with a station
who
is hundreds of miles away? I often hear W6KP in Anza running euro's on 15
meters
that I can't hear at W6UE in Pasadena. We are both using computer optimized
long
boom monoband yagis. What does that prove? It proves that W6KP is in a quiet
mountain top location and further south from me. Does it prove his antenna
is
"better" than mine? I hardly think so.