[Towertalk] Is there a 2 element hf beam?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Is there a 2 element hf beam?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 16:38:47 -0500
At 07:12 PM 11/23/02 -0500, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 11/23/02 3:41:34 PM Pacific Standard Time, n7vy@qrp.net
>writes:
>
> > I am trying to get back into contesting and due to CC&R's, I am looking at
> >  operating portable. I have several Force 12 C-3's but I think that these
> >  will be to big to set-up and handle by myself. Is there a manufacturer
> that
> >  makes a 2 element beam currently or in the past? I had to miss my first SS
> >  in 6 years and I am bummed out.
>
>      A TH-2 is really good if you can find one or the StepIR 2L works FB too
>but has full-sized elements.

It's also worth mentioning that the C-3 comes in a Dxpedition version with
no tubing longer than 4 feet.  The whole thing only weighs 32 lb
assembled.  I have VERY little upper body strength, and this is the only
antenna I have ever felt comfortable handling on a tower by myself.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower