[Towertalk] Is there a 2 element hf beam?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Is there a 2 element hf beam?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 21:48:59 -0600
Since you already "several C3's" why not just use them.
They are pretty light...

OR, you could modify one of them to make a C3S
which has 3 reflectors, one each for 10, 15, and 20M
and NO directors, on a 12 ft boom.  Personally, I think
this is an ELEGANT 2L Design.  The C3SS uses
linearly loaded elements on 20M for even smaller size
(shorter 20M elements) on the same 12 ft boom.

The Mosley TA32 is a well built 2L Yagi with a trapped
DE and Trapped Reflector on a short (7 ft?) boom and
uses direct feed of the DE.

The HyGain TH2 is also a trapped 2L Yagi with a Beta
Matched DE and is reputed to work "amazingly well".

The 'back end' of a TH6 should make a nice 2L tribander
as well.  It 'may' require some tuning adjustments.

Tom  N4KG