[Towertalk] 10 M vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 10 M vertical
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 09:56:15 -0500
One of the locals has been encouraging me to make a Ten Meter vertical
dipole.....as opposed to making a groundplane.  In essence it would be
the driven element ot of a yagi but vertical instead of horizontal.

It would be small enough to be a sinmple construction project but I am
wondering if I can find a formulae for its length such that I can simply
feed in the middle with a split coax (no matching, etc)

This would allow me to avoid needing radials and I do have some smaller
diameter tubing and some fiberglass rod which would be perfect for the
feed point and the bottom of tha antenna allowing me to raise it up
 easily.

Has any one made one of these and if so what did you use as fomrulae for
length, etc?

No, I do not have Elnec/Eznec.