[Towertalk] Force 12 boom & element failure

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Force 12 boom & element failure
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 20:48:13 -0500
At 08:19 PM 12/4/02 -0500, RLVZ wrote:
>Hopefully Force 12 will use heavier gauge aluminum on their elements and
>booms one day.  As-is the standard Force 12 antenna is built for light duty
>service.

I'm not sure I agree.  The antennas are designed using Yagistress, which is
very much state-of-the-art in boom and element design.  They are designed
to a new paradigm, using very aggressively tapered elements to achieve a
design that looks light and sheds the wind very well.  I'd be reluctant to
conclude, just based on intuitive "feel," that it is light duty at all.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower