[Towertalk] Force 12 boom & element failure

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Force 12 boom & element failure
From: hkmannh@totalnetnh.net (Pat Poirier)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:22:42 -0500
I have had a Force 12, 5BA in the air for the last 4 1/2 years. I have never
had a single problem with snow or ice. I live in New Hampshire and we get a
lot of Ice in the early winter and late winter. I have seen up to 3/4 of an
inch of ice on the antenna with no bending or breaking of any elements or
the boom.

When the antenna is loaded with ice , it droop and sags and when the sun
comes out  the ice just slides off the elements and it springs back into
shape.

If I had to buy another antenna tomorrow, I would buy another Force 12, 5BA.

73,
Pat W1KA