[Towertalk] Wanted:

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Wanted:
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 10:57:47 -0500
Those crimp-on terminals are very inexpensive when purchased in bulk.
As for lead/tin solder suitability .. solder well .. then coat the
terminal with silicone seal [RTV if you can find it] and you won't have
to worry about contact with typical earth or weather.
Don
N8DE

you wrote:
I am also looking for ring terminals suitable for ground radials,
something less expensive than insulated crimp-on terminals, for 1/4'
studs and multiple #13 wires.  I also wish information about using
various solders outdoors.  Is it correct that lead-tin solder is not
suitable if in contact with typical earth?  How about near earth,
exposed to weather?  Is ph of the earth a factor?  What is recommended?

73 de WOØW