[Towertalk] Wanted: L.B. Cebek book and info on solder wire ringterminal

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Wanted: L.B. Cebek book and info on solder wire ringterminals
From: faunt@panix.com (Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:39:53 -0500 (EST)
Check out McMaster-Carr, www.mcmaster.com, for your large stuff.

I used terminals from my local hardware store for building hairpin
match coils, and they seem to work fine.  Note that #8 solid wire will
fit into your standard #10 lug.

73, doug

   From: Red <RedHaines@centurytel.net>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
   Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 09:27:41 -0600

   I am also looking for ring terminals suitable for ground radials,
   something less expensive than insulated crimp-on terminals, for 1/4'
   studs and multiple #13 wires.  I also wish information about using
   various solders outdoors.  Is it correct that lead-tin solder is not
   suitable if in contact with typical earth?  How about near earth,
   exposed to weather?  Is ph of the earth a factor?  What is recommended?

   73 de WOØW