[Towertalk] Failing Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Failing Antennas
From: gussam@newcomm.net" <gussam@newcomm.net (Gus Samuelson)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 16:55:31 -0330
On Thursday, December 05, 2002 2:56 PM, Mel Martin
[SMTP:ve2dc@rac.ca] wrote

Would that make the antenna stronger? No point making one part of
the
antenna stand up to a force 4 hurricane if the elements are rated
at 90mph,
Bruce... I've had a few antennas fail over the years due to extreme
WX but
I've never had an aluminum boom to mast plate fail.

:

Mel:
Well I guess you might live in a location with better survival
ratios vis-a-vis antennae
I can show you several broken booms from tribanders and a rat
chewed
aluminum boom to mast plate from a brand new 204BA ( mine ) as well
as an assortment of other broken  clamps, several makes and models
of
boom to mast, elements etc ..  Fact is most of my  antennae are
re-incarnated,
 rebuilt and re-enforced from discarded factory jobies  HI

73 Gus VO1MP