[Towertalk] 40-2cd on 30 metres

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40-2cd on 30 metres
From: ve6wz@shaw.ca (VE6WZ)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:50:43 -0700
Ken:
I agree with Barry W2up......from experience the Yagi is a poor performer on
30m......it sounds dead, and trying to break pile-ups with it is painful at
best.  Hang a wire (inv. V.) or something from the tower, or load the boom??

Yes you can model it.....I just did since I have my 2 el 40 already modeled
and I just ran it on 30m.
The pattern obviously depends on height, but generally it looks like a
dipole....nice figure 8 at 100'.

73, de steve VE6WZ.