[Towertalk] New Rotator In Place; Mast Now Binds

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] New Rotator In Place; Mast Now Binds
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:07:50 -0600
I just got off the tower after adding two more 3/64" shims to the existing 2
shims to pad the 1.875" mast to look like 2.0625 to the rotator clamp.

The rotator now rotates smoothly both ways south-to-south.

Even though it's running smoothly now and the mast is supposedly centered,
the mast still looks ominously close to one side of the pointy-top tube.

I didn't have a way to accurately measure the centering of the rotator on
the plate and under the tube, but the plate looks flat and the bent up
corners are each against the legs.

Many thanks to all who sent me notes.  This reflector's the best around.

Now to build a 2-vertical phased array for S.A.

73,
dale, kg5u