[Towertalk] Baked ham

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Baked ham
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 09:44:50 -0500
At 5:33 PM -0800 12/7/02, dan hearn wrote:
>...I once used the windshield opening in my car as a slot antenna on 10 m....

So the metal body of your car did not shield you from the strong RF
field of your transmitted signal; but its interior cavity was excited
with the greatest possible field-strength.  Just like a microwave
oven, with 10-m wavelength.  No joke.  (Was _your_ post?!)

If you drove in winter in North Dakota, I might understand why you
did it; but the numeral in your callsign is "5".

73 de Chuck, W1HIS