[Towertalk] Ground the coax braid on LPDA or not?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ground the coax braid on LPDA or not?
From: lsica@attbi.com (Louis Sica, Jr.)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:40:08 -0600
Hello Steve

Chuck was the one who recommended to me to ground the coax at the top of the
tower, but other local hams who've had Tennadyne LPDA's (T10's) have told me
how they've noted performance degredation after grounding the coax. So I'm
not quite sure who to follow, the manufacturer, or real-world data from
someone whose opinion I respect.

Message: 5