[Towertalk] Re: Shunt Fed Tower - Again

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: Shunt Fed Tower - Again
From: bob@cytanet.com.cy (Bob Henderson)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:26:54 -0000
My thanks again, to you fine gentlefolk of the Towertalk Reflector.

As recommended by several of you, I reduced the height of the shunt
connection on my tower to 48 feet, the top of the third crank up section.  I
can now report that I am seeing a perfect 1:1 SWR at 1830 kHz.  This is with
about 280 pf of series capacitance.  I can also move the min SWR point
around the band quite nicely through adjustment of the series capacitor.

The SWR minima is not as sharp as I expected, I imagine that means I need to
get out there and put more radials down.

Season's greetings.

Bob 5B4AGN, P3F