[Towertalk] Rotor Removal from tower: Is there an easier way?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rotor Removal from tower: Is there an easier way?
From: k3bz@arrl.net (Jerry Keller)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:12:32 -0500
On the tower I just bought (used) I notice that the rotor mount plate is
notched at the 3 corners in such a way that if the U-bolts that attach it to
the tower legs are removed, the rotor plate can turn and be removed from the
tower. Since the thrust bearing holds the weight of the mast and antennas,
couldn't I remove and replace the rotor plate and rotor without disturbing
the antennas?? It looks to have been designed to do so... does anyone have
any experience with this type of rotor plate design?

Jerry K3BZ