[Towertalk] I just want my tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] I just want my tower
From: mike@hatzakis.net (Michael Hatzakis, Jr)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:31:19 -0800
FiestaOk guys, I am looking for advice, opinions or just support... In ham
radio, I had always the goal/dream to put up a tower... alas, the turning of
my forth decade finally provided me the means to so... but...

I am in a suburb of Seattle, Bellevue, which is very strict with building.
They did, however, much to my surprise, admit that they had no jurisdiction
based on PRB-1.  And she said she knew that because a month ago they just
approved a building permit because the ham provided the whole document.
Hats off to the ARRL.  They also had no height limitations.  I've reviewed
my CC&R 18 different times and 15 different ways and it has no restrictions
or mention of antennas.  There is no architectural control committee or
association, the CC&R spelled out that these were defunct as soon as the
plat was fully developed.  But the CC&R was still in force.

So, I thought I was set, was about to put the order in for the tower and,
yes, a Force 12 (yippee), I decided to run my CC&R by a friend of mine whose
wife is a real estate attorney.  She feels that neighbors can still sue me
to enforce the CC&R under the assumption that prior cases about CC&R's would
hold since this one didnt provide any guidance about antennas.  Or they
could just sue based on their "read" of the CC&R.  I have looked up the
local ARRL attorney and am working with them also.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?  What are you thoughts?  Advise?
Clever ideas?  I am still considering going to my neighbors and discussing
it with them, but I am pretty sure there are a few that will certainly not
approve and will try to block it.  I've had two 35 foot antenna masts
supporting my dipole for three years and no-one has complained.
Unfortunately, I am at the base of a hill and the dipole just dosent get out
very well...

Help?

Michael

Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD
Physiatrist, Treating Individuals with Disability from Neuromuscular
diseases
Consultant, Computer and  Internet Health Care Solutions

multipart/related
  multipart/alternative
    text/html
  image/gif