[Towertalk] AR-22 Rotor Control Box Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] AR-22 Rotor Control Box Question
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 13:14:05 -0800

        [Steve Katz]  Peter, you are indeed lucky!  When I used an AR-22
with just a single 2m long-boom Yagi back in the mid-1960's (at that time,
it was a single 15L Telrex, 28' boom), the first windstorm stripped the
gears, and that was that.

> It is still 100% but in the garage for the moment. I now use a homemade
> worm drive rotor for the 2 mtr EME array that has grown considerably, and
> the worm gear rotor holds it in the same position in winds which of course
> the AR22 did not do.

        [Steve Katz]  Worm gear rotors are definitely very nice, and don't
even need a brake.  If I ever get active in EME again (as I once was, in the
1980's), I'll go that route, Peter.  73 es DX!  -Steve, WB2WIK/6