More on - Re: [Towertalk] Rohn rotator plate for 25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: More on - Re: [Towertalk] Rohn rotator plate for 25G
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:04:16 EST
In a message dated 1/14/03 12:20:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
na9d@speakeasy.net writes:

> Keep in mind that a rotor like a Ham IV won't even fit inside the section
>  with the Z-truss there anyhow.  It's too wide.

    It won't? I can get them in and out of 25G thru the Z-bracing without too
much trouble - use of some creative colloquialisms doesn't hurt though. It'll
even rotate unimpeded.

    The TailTwister is another story. There's no way it'll go into 25G where
there are braces - you need a beacon plate top or tapered top.

    I think this is what Juice (K4OJ) was talking about when he said to turn
the rotator plate upsidedown - then the T2X ears will miss the braces whilst
rotating.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH