More on - Re: [Towertalk] Rohn rotator plate for 25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: More on - Re: [Towertalk] Rohn rotator plate for 25G
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:22:10 -0800
Jon,

Your are quite correct about the rotator mounting, John. If you
cut just one of the Z-braces in a standard straight section, however,
you can actually get a rotator as big as an Orion OR-2800 inside
Rohn 25.  The trick is getting a rotator plate installed among the
Z-bracing. You can either install the standard Rohn plate right
below that last set of horizontal rungs at the bottom of a standard
straight section (I think this requires a spacer in some cases to
get the rotator housing far enough above the horizontal rungs), or
you can notch the plate to fit among the Z-braces (or design
your own plate that misses the Z-braces as I did).

Of course as I learned the hard way, its better to go with Rohn
45 and avoid all these problems from the get go.