[TowerTalk] Interference Problem (long)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Interference Problem (long)
From: ve6yc@shaw.ca (Peter Larsen)
Date: Mon Feb 3 11:48:56 2003
>BTW the cable people can't put there wire
>or guys on the power companies poles with out their permission and
>ultimately it is the power company's  responsibility.

Sorry, but this is wrong. Joint use of the electric systems poles is
nothing more than a lease agreement. No responsibility for the
maintenance of the leasee's hardware falls to the electric system.

BTW I am one of those guys who say don't kick/hit the wood
poles with any thing.
First off you will get very little change in the noise level, and secondly
you may be at the wrong pole. Until you have spent some time (a few
months) riding around with a proper utility RFI suppression crew
you are just shooting blind. (and probably annoying the crews)

Peter
VE6YC (Power Lineman of 25 years)
http://www.enmax.com