[TowerTalk] antennas and line filtering

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] antennas and line filtering
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 5 20:25:19 2003
I have a 756Pro that shows a nice steady pattern of noise moving accross my
scope that my rig is picking up putting S9 noise out on 80M, S7 noise on 40M,
S6 noise on 20M, and less noise but the same pattern on higher bands.  This
is from a 5BTV antenna mounted in a suburban Denver neighborhood.  My
question to those with similar noise is this...is it simplier to troubleshoot
the noise with an AC line filter or should one begin at the antenna trying to
null things out with a 1026 or like device?  I'm using 25 amp radio shack
switching supplies that put out a nasty RF rash about every 100KHz..they
never had this problem at another QTH....makes me suspect my AC in the house
has a contributing factor here----------------------any suggestions on a
decent AC filter to try and/or other theory to attempt?  MY noise blanker
takes out about 2S units of noise- If anyone can refer me to a webpage that
might have a proven method for troubleshooting noise like this,  pse let me
know-

73  Paul  N0AH