[TowerTalk] Coax cables

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax cables
From: vk2lee@maxnet.net.au (Lee Noonan)
Date: Fri Feb 7 07:44:08 2003
The standard readily available PL 259s in VK are marked Japan, the
dielectric is dark brown and the center connector copper or maybe brass...
solders easily though, and they cost around $2.50 each....
I did buy some expensive silver plated connectors with white dielectric -
teflon??- but the centre connector of Belden 9913 is too large for the
centre connector of the PL 259....    can't win them all... Looks like I'll
have to stick to "N" connectors with a brass or copper pin and silver plated
body at $10.00 each....  there does seem to be a very large difference in
price & Quality ??? between the US & VK  PL 259s......
73
Lee Noonan VK2LEE

http://www.qsl.net/vk2lee/  photos
http://www.qrz.com/vk2lee/  updated text