[TowerTalk] 40m 3 element yagi's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40m 3 element yagi's
From: k9kl@gbonline.com (Gregg Seidl)
Date: Mon Mar 17 20:35:30 2003
Im considering installing a 3 element  beam on a 75 foot tower.I saw the
Force12 "mag 340" with the 44.5 foot elemnts and I think that is something I
would like.However I have read on this reflector that they are  hard to tune
up ie many trips up and down tower.I don't want to do that!!Has anyone used
one of those things?I also think that M2 make some good stuff(except the
6M-2.5WL,too light of a boom)and saw their 3 element job on the same 30 foot
boom.That antenna is 100 pounds and I think the Force12 is about 65
pounds.What gives.Sure would like to talk to someone who has one of those
rascals.   Gregg   K9KL   Green Bay,WI