[TowerTalk] 40m 3 element yagi's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40m 3 element yagi's
From: k7kr@earthlink.net (Pat Thurman)
Date: Wed Mar 19 02:03:08 2003
I'd like to second Dan's comments.  The Mag 340N is a great antenna!

Since I was sort of mentioned recently as having had some trouble tuning
my Mag 340N, I just wanted to note that tuning was not difficult.  It
*is* necessary to tune each element at 30 or 40 feet above the ground
which is easy to do if you have a pulley and rope attached.  Up and down
with each element, make an adjustment, up to check, then back down to
await assembly on the boom.  I had to do final assembly in the air
anyway, due to space restrictions in the yard so this was no hardship at
all.   After final assembly, I found that the bandwidth was 280khz as
advertised and with a very flat swr curve...

Performance?  Amazing like Dan says...  And you don't even need the
mountain top.  (although that would be nice!!)

--
73, Pat  K7KR