[TowerTalk] Neighbors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Neighbors
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Wed Mar 26 17:06:41 2003
boy this is tough - possible upside on the lower frequencies if you both
put up decent sized towers they can be far enough apart you could share
towers as antenna supports - a 160 meter dipole suddenly may be a
possibility!  Hopefully the two of you live in such a direction that
roadside to a line between your towers would be EU or some other
population center!

I would arrange serious operating endeavours like contesting as joint
efforts, with each of you optimizing alternate bands!

Could be fun - like anything it will be what you make of it, eh?

You are right to worry about front end overload, best to be aware of one
another - would not recommend you be in a common pileup on a DXpedition
with the two of you running 1500 Watts!

Have fun,

Jim, K4OJ

...only 31 days until the Florida QSO Party, check out the website at:

http://www.qsl.net/fqp