[TowerTalk] Above the Thrust Bearing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Above the Thrust Bearing
From: n7au@televar.com (N7AU)
Date: Tue Apr 8 11:46:58 2003
   I also feel it is the wind that wares a grove in the aluminum mast. I
have been using a aluminum mast for years and found out a grove was cut
in the mast where it comes out the top of the pointy tube so I cut a tin
soup can open and warped it around the mast slid it down inside the tube
and held it in place with a hose clamp. No grove now in my aluminum
mast. It seem to be good for about 4 or 5 years.

Bob
N7AU