[TowerTalk] Tower jack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower jack
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Wed Apr 16 23:21:55 2003
On 3/26/03 5:18 PM, Jim White, K4OJ at k4oj@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

>mechanics use a product called anti-seize when putting an engine
>together...it helps ensure that metal to metal contact does not "become
>one" - this is what I have used for tower legs for over 30 years now -
>my Dad taught that to me - and his Dad probably to him... Anti-Seize is
>available at automotive places like NAPA...

While this is interesting -- why both to get something special for this?
Any tower-owning ham ought to have a bottle of No-Al-Ox or Penetrox
anyway, right. The particles in the anti-oxidant are zinc, and the tower
is plated with zinc -- so why not use No-Al-Ox instead?

It's what I used on my tower. I also fitted the pieces on the ground
before raising.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901