[TowerTalk] Need Advice on SO2R Antenna Arrangement

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Advice on SO2R Antenna Arrangement
From: n4dd@preferred.com (Dennis Brickey)
Date: Fri Jul 18 20:59:43 2003
Good Evening guys,

I have been licensed since January of 1989, and have since scrounged,
bought, and
traded until I have amassed what I think are the makings of an SO2R antenna
farm, and it
is time to put some of this stuff in the air.  Here is the list of tower and
antennas available to
assemble this antenna farm.

120' 45g
100' 55g
100' 25g
4 Hygain 105BAS  5 element 10 meter beams
3 Hygain 155BAS  5 element 15 meter beams
3 Hygain 205BAS  5 element 20 meter beams
1 KLM 40M4           4 element 40 meter beam
1 HYgain 402BAS  2 element 40 meter beam
1 80M1                    80 meter rotatable dipole
1 KLM KT34XA      6 element tribander
1 Hygain TH5xx       5 element tribander
1 Hygain TH3          3 element tribander

I am limited on space.  I have 300 feet of lot depth on which to place 3
towers, and there is barely adequate room to guy the towers.  They will be
placed in a straight line from west to east with the tallest tower being in
the middle.  I say the tallest  (45g) in the middle to accommodate rotation
of the 80 meter rotatable dipole which is 92 feet in length; that is if it
is reasonable to use the antenna.

All that said,  I need advice as to which antennas to put on which tower.
The
consideration that comes to mind is that the bands should probably be split
up such that there
would be a low probability of operating on two bands on the same tower at
the same time.  I have
bandpass filters, but I have no idea whether or not bandpass filters are
sufficient to keep down
interference between the radios at high power if utilizing the same tower.
Finally, antenna
interaction is a concern.  I know that 40 meters and 15 meters don't work
well together, so I will
avoid that combination.

Is there someone among this list of outstanding tower experts and contesting
gurus that can point me
in the right direction?  All replies are appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time, and Happy Contesting!!

73,

Dennis N4DD