[TowerTalk] Triex LM470 problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Triex LM470 problem
From: alwilliams@olywa.net (Al Williams)
Date: Mon Jul 28 13:43:18 2003
The two LM470 towers that I purchased two years ago from Paragon Mfg
thru FirstCall
came with an "improved" motorized winch assembly.  This improvement was
a change
from a separate electric motor driving the winch drum through a pulley
system.  My two
towers have an enclosed integrated motor/gearing/drum system i.e. no
pulleys.

The problem is that no documentation was furnished on this improvement;
the
manual for the tower shows the pulley assembly type winch/drum.  There
is no
 information on who manufactured or integrated the assembly for my
towers.
 The only information is the nameplate on the motor which is made by
Baldor
 Industrial Motor CHD 13504 1/2 hp.

I am concerned about how to repair this integrated winch/drum system if
it something goes bad.

If anyone else received this type of winch system, please  let me know.
Also
if you have any leads on how to contact those that might furnish the mfr
I will
appreciate receiving them.  Baldor has not responded to my e-mail.
Tashjian
doesn't have the information.  The telephone number is no longer in
service
for Robert Vargas who I think was in charge at Paragon during this time.

k7puc