[TowerTalk] Balanced Line using Coax ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balanced Line using Coax ?
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Wed Jul 30 11:48:11 2003
I am wondering what the impedance would be if two RG8X coax cables are
right alongside each other... this would be easy to fabricate... either
some tape or heat shrink every few feet would make a clean/neat
bundle..with a tuner is it really that important what that impedance
is...will losses be greater, the tuner get hotter (?) if you deviate
from the tuners design impedance???

Again my interest is in minimizing pickup of local bc rf at 160
meters... shielding these conductors, tying the outer shields together
at the top end and grounding them down below sounds like a plan...

K4OJ