[TowerTalk] Balanced Line using Coax ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balanced Line using Coax ?
From: stevekz9g@speakeasy.net (Steven Gehring)
Date: Wed Jul 30 20:00:03 2003
Correction...
I meant to say we used a four-to-one (4:1) balun, not the 1:1 typo mentioned
in the first paragraph below.  It transformed the 150 to 200 ohm antenna and
coaxial balanced line impedance down to 50 ohms.  I believe it was a
"current" type, but I could be wrong given recent material I've seen written
on 4:1 baluns.  Anyway, I worked well, and turned out to be an excellent
antenna system with a great match on certain portions of the bands.  The
neatest characteristic was it's resonance on the EVEN & ODD harmonics, hence
it allowed for operation on most of the ham bands.

Cheers,
Steve Gehring, KZ9G
E-mail: kz9g@arrl.net