[TowerTalk] Relays in RF usage UPDATE

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Relays in RF usage UPDATE
From: RCARIELLO@si.rr.com (RCARIELLO)
Date: Wed Aug 13 19:24:07 2003
I just received my copy of Worldradio September 2003.
There is an article by Kurt N. Sterba on page 34, Aerials SWR and Voltage.

Second paragraph "voltage goes up as the square root of the VSWR. So, with
3:1 VSWR, the voltage and current are only 1.7 times greater then with 1:1.
A 50-Ohm perfectly matched line with 1500 watts power will have a voltage of
274 volts. With 10:1 SWR the voltage will be 866 volts."

I will have to recalculate my power chart I sent using this new information.

Any comments??

Rich AA2MF