[TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune: Antenna Stirs Static Among Neighbors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune: Antenna Stirs Static Among Neighbors
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Wed Aug 13 19:29:23 2003
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:43:43PM -0700, Bill Turner wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:57:55 -0500, "Kenneth E. Harker"
> <kharker@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
>
> >Am I subscribed to TowerTalk, or alt.politics?

> Check the header and see.
>
> We're talking about the relationship between hams, their towers and
> local zoning boards.  Comprende?

Sure, but abstract political theory about whether this country is a "democracy"
or just a "constitutional republic" is a little far afield of the reflector
charter.

And most of this is relevant to the ham-law reflector, not TowerTalk,
which is (usually) a technical forum.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops