[TowerTalk] ARRL and LOTW

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ARRL and LOTW
From: CGooden@insightbb.com (Chuck Gooden)
Date: Thu Aug 14 00:43:56 2003

On 13 Aug 2003 at 22:31, Jim White, K4OJ wrote:

> To tell you the truth I cannot wait for the bugs to get ironed out of
> LOTW... I REALLY hate all the expenses associated with QSLing.

Jim,

The ARRL is controlling LOTW and I firmly believe they will start to charge for
the
use of it just like the charge for the QSL buro, and any awards.

I believe this is more so the case as I look at the aging ham population.  If
you send
green stamp(s), or IRC's, now, why wouldn't you spend 50 cents to a $1.00 for a
contact in LOTW.

I believe one of the major reasons they will not accept an E-QSL or another
eletronic QSL is because they want the control and the profit that goes with
it.  They
may not be charging initially but they will in time.

73's