[TowerTalk] Birds and Towers

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Birds and Towers
From: ed-kc7kcu@att.net
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:45:12 +0000
I have read with great interest the postings about towers and birds.  The
report seems to be exagerated. Has anyone contacted the author for
varification of sources or just any comments from them.  Perhaps this has
already been done and I missed the post.  It does seem to me that this is
part of natural selection in the breeding process that only the smart birds
have babies. There are some "dumb birds" out here that are planning a 40 foot
(short by some standards) tower next to my neighbors bird feeding station.
That should bring on some interesting situations.  People can write what they
want and we will read it.  Just check out the grocery check stand next time
you're at the store.  I can see the headline now    "Last prehistoric DoDo
bird killed when it collided  with a 1000 foot ham radio tower---Damn them
Hams."     It is unfortunate that a segment of this society will believe it.

Just my distorted view.
Ed...KC7KCU