RE: [TowerTalk] Making rotator loops separate

To: "'Pete Smith'" <n4zr@contesting.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Making rotator loops separate
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:21:01 -0400
Hi Pete. I have the coax for the low bands go to the coax switch at the base
of the tower. This gives me an easy place to check the coax. For the high
band antennas I run either coax or hardline up the tower. I put a PL-259 on
each near the top of the tower. This gives me a place to check the coax. If
I should lose a coax (happened two years ago), I can swap what antenna is
hooked up to a particular coax. I have never had a Pl-259 come loose or
corrode. I use 33+ tape on the connections.

For a rotor loop I have always used 2 turns of coax around the mast. This
seemed to reduce any possibilities of the coax rubbing or hanging down. I
tie wrap then tape the coax as it goes over the top plate of the tower. I
tape together all the coax that is going to antenna son the mast.

N2TK, Tony